Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI in collaboration with Racine County is currently seeking an Adult Protective Services Case Manager to join our team. This role would provide case management services to Department of Human Services clients which includes developing and maintaining a relationship with the court and legal system, documentation, and providing an evaluation, advocacy and follow-up to the clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Review and analyze information relating to client's social, psychiatric and medical history to learn the nature of the functional limitation in relation to adjustment and survival skills.
- Obtain and assess relevant information regarding client's development, i.e., social, familial, medical and vocational strengths.
- Investigates abuse and neglect for clients by responding to referrals, interviewing clients and collateral contacts, analyzing collected information to determine if criminal actions have occurred, preparing investigative reports, and submitting recommendations to supervisors.
- Communicates and collaborates with representatives of law enforcement agencies to ensure client protection advocacy and prosecution of perpetrators.
- Educates local community service providers on elderly abuse by providing information upon request or making presentations.
- Serves as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to address the needs of elderly and disabled clients and participates in meetings when needed.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to County employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Review and interpret diagnostic data to client or client's family in order to develop a Case Management plan.
- Write a Case Management plan in conjunction, consultation, and cooperation with client, which outlines the services to be provided by the Human Services Department and contracted agencies to the client.
- Refer to and coordinate the various services to implement plan.
- Recommend to supervisor the various services requiring authorizations.
- Monitor on going progression of client/plan to assure the efficiency and adequacy of service system.
- Recommend to management changes or gaps in the system that prevent the delivery of services.
- Prioritize and organize time to cover assigned area and manage caseload in equitable manner.
- Maintain and develop resources appropriate to needs of client population served.
- Develop and maintain contacts with in/out of house agencies who may be able to provide services to clients of the agency.
- Maintain contacts with the Court, Corporation Counsel, Public Defender and legal community that deals with and serves the client population.
- Consult with other professionals in the field and in related fields to increase individual knowledge and understanding of various disciplines, changes and developments in the field of Human Services.
- Develop and maintain an effective body of knowledge regarding laws and procedures affecting clients and procedures dealt with.
- Develop and maintain an effective body of knowledge regarding Human Services Department's statutory responsibilities to the court and client served.
- Serve as liaison to the court from the Human Services Department.
- Provide appropriate linking mechanisms as indicated by the disposition of the legal/court system.
- Provide an evaluation, advocacy and follow up capability to the clients included in the assigned caseload.
- Participate in staff meetings and in-services trainings, as required.
- Provide oral and written communication that is appropriate to the task and in accordance with agency and industry standards.
- Make intervention and assessment decisions using the "Best Practice" philosophy.
- Work collaboratively with law enforcement, families, other county departments, schools, acute care services providers, and other community resources to coordinate appropriate crisis resolution and referral.
- Complete all necessary health care/medical and financial record documentation required to maintain complete medical and financial billing records.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including responding to an emergency event.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services field required.
- One year of experience post-graduation working as a Social worker or in a related professional position.
- Knowledge of Chapters 51, 54, 55 and Mental Health.
- Ability to respond to crises and to make appropriate assessments as to resolution.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to interact professionally with clients who may be challenging and potentially hostile.
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve while completing assessments and developing safety plans with consumers.
- Ability to work well with treatment team and community members.
- Interacts with the public in a professional manner.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required. Some overnight travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.